Conferences and events
17th Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA)
The 17th annual Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA) will be held in Paris in France, July 11-13, and the symposium will be hosted at the "Maison des Mines" in the center of Paris.
SCA is the premier forum for innovations in the software and technology of computer animation. It unites researchers and practitioners working on all aspects of time-based phenomena. Our focused, intimate gathering, with single track program and emphasis on community interaction, makes SCA the best venue to exchange research results, get inspired, and set up collaborations.
We invite submission of original, high-quality papers on computer animation, broadly defined as computation dealing with time-varying phenomena. Each submission will be refereed on the basis of technical quality, novelty, significance, and clarity.
We invite work on a broad range of topics, including:
- 2D, 3D, and N-D animation systems
- autonomous characters
- clothing animation and simulation
- expressive motion / communication
- facial animation
- group and crowd behavior
- intuitive interfaces for creating and editing animations
- mathematical foundations of animation
- methods of control and artistic direction of simulations
- machine learning techniques for animation
- nature in motion (natural phenomena, plants, clouds, ...)
- new time-based art forms on the computer
- novel time-varying phenomena
- perceptual metrics and foundations of animation
- physical realism / measuring the real world for animation
- physical simulation
- fluid animation
- planning / learning / optimization for animation
- real-time and interactive methods
- camera control methods for computer animation
- sound and speech for animation
… as well as on related problems in robotics, game development, human-computer interaction, simulation, visualization, computer vision, and others.
We also invite submissions to the poster and demo session, which has traditionally been an integral part of the SCA program. Posters are not formal publications, so work submitted as a poster is still eligible for later publication, and will be exempt from inclusion in the ACM and EG digital libraries. Details regarding submission format will be announced closer to the deadline.
Final dates will follow closer to the actual deadlines. Below you can find a preliminary schedule.
- Paper Submission: ca. April, 2018
- Paper Notification: ca. May, 2018
- Camera-ready Paper: ca. June, 2018
- Poster Submission: ca. May, 2018
- Poster Notification: ca. June, 2018
- Symposium: July 11-13, 2018
- Conference Chairs
- Maud Marchal, IRISA-INSA
- Damien Rohmer, Ecole Polytechnique
- Program Chairs
- Nils Thuerey, Technical University of Munich
- Thabo Beeler, Disney Research Zurich